To craft our wonderfully balanced Rainstorm Pinots, we take advantage of Oregon’s diverse landscape by selecting grapes from our vineyards in the Willamette and Umpqua Valleys. With its cool, mild climate, the Willamette Valley of northern Oregon produces Pinot Noirs with an earthy, elegant style and complex flavors and subtlety. The hotter and drier climate in southern Oregon’s Umpqua Valley region produces Pinot Noirs bursting with brilliant, ripe, rich fruit flavors. By creating a 50/50 blend of these two wine regions, we’ve crafted an Oregon Pinot Noir that reflects the dynamic diversity of our very green (and sometimes very wet) state. The result is a Rainstorm Pinot Noir in perfect harmony. Our Pinot Gris uses 100% Willamette Valley grapes and is aged on lees for 6 months. Both wines are bone dry.
- 100% Pinot Noir
- Excellent Value for Oregon Pinot
- Hand harvested
- Differentiated Package
- High Growth Categories
- Truest expression of varietal… Oregon has stricter standards than California regarding percent of varietal composition
- Oregon perceived as world class growing region – Rainstorm offered at highly affordable price point
- For a “value” wine, finest clusters selected to craft our wines
- Brand appeals to highly influential (and growing) Millennial audience
- Groundswell of consumer demand
Pinot Noir: The wine is fruit-forward, soft and elegant with rose hip aromas and flavors of bright cherry, pomegranate and red berries. It is closer to a European wine than a California Pinot Noir in taste. Ideal with grilled salmon, duck, mushroom risotto and pork loin.
Pinot Gris: Rainstorm Pinot Gris is bone dry and refreshing with some yeasty character from sur lies aging. The flavors of mango are balanced by the fresh acidity. It has a bright, clean finish. Ideal with grilled chicken, soft cheeses, shellfish and pasta in a cream sauce.Print This Page