The Azienda Agricola Cerulli Spinozzi has been in existence since the mid 1800s. The estate is situated between the Adriatic shore and the beginning of the Gran Sasso Mountains, an area with an ideal microclimate for high quality vineyards. The dry climate, day v. night-time temperature variation, and winds from the sea, make for perfect grape-ripening. The soil is ideal for creating fine, elegant wines with intense and stable color. Joined with Sartori since 2003, Cerulli Spinozzi began an ambitious project of enhancing the estate and becoming a state-of-the-art winery. Wine production is supervised by famed winemaker, Franco Bernabei.
- Torre Migliori offers the ultimate expression of the Montepulciano grape. It is one of very few offerings from the Colline Teramane DOCG district.
- On July 9, 2009, Torre Migliori received the ultimate honor, when the President of the Italian Republic selected it to toast 44 visiting heads of state attending the 2009 G8 Summit.
- Cortalto Pecorino is a classic white wine from Abruzzo. It is made from the native Pecorino grape, which gets its name from the local sheep that love to snack on them. 75% of the wine is fermented in 500 liter oak barrels and 25% in stainless steel. Fermentation lasts about a month and ends with malolactic fermentation. The wine is then bottle aged for a minimum of two months.
- Focus on sustainable and organic farming.
- Late-ripening Montepulciano grapes thrive on south, and southeastern-facing slopes. Extra hang-time enables grapes to develop lush cherry, blackberry and black currant notes. At night, temperatures drop dramatically, adding perfume and structure.
- The resulting wine is in a totally different class than Montepulciano from the lowlands. Deep colored and long-lived, redolent with complex fruit notes, this wine is a perfect example of the oft-quoted “iron fist in the velvet glove.”
- Pecorino provides a unique niche, exclusively for on-premise and a great “door opener” for higherend restaurants looking for a unique white for their wine list and BTG offerings.
Cerulli Spinozzi Torre Migliori Montepulciano d’Abruzzo Colline Teramane DOCG : Ruby red with violet hues. Intense, complex bouquet with notes of rich ripe cherries, blackberries, black currants and cloves. Elegant, well-structured and perfectly balanced with supple tannins for good longevity.
Cerulli Spinozzi Pecorino “Cortalto” Colli Aprutini IGT: Straw yellow with golden hues, with a subtle floral bouquet that hints of peach and citrus. On the palate, it is crisp and round with flavors of stone fruit and orange. The lingering finish has a bitter-almond note.Print This Page