- Estate-bottled in limited quantities only in exceptional years.
- From our finest vineyards, where in near perfect conditions of climate, soil and sun, the celebrated Sangiovese grape achieves greatness.
- Sangiovese fruit of three decades of research goes into “building a better Brunello”.
- Hand harvesting, managing each vineyard row by row, vine by vine.
- Additional double selection at the winery of each bunch as well as individual berries.
- Patented fermenters, hybrids of stainless steel cap/base (for easy clean out, pumping over, temperature control) with body of French oak staves (allowing the wine to breath and develop complexity).
- ExcelsuS, integrates the best tradition of the noble French grapes of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon with the extraordinary Montalcino terroir.
- Banfi solidifies its leadership position as Brunello’s ambassador by taking its unusually fine Brunello to another level with the top tier Poggio all’Oro and Poggio alle Mura.
- Horizon micro-winery provides increased attention to detail in both the vineyard and winery, and results in an artisanal approach to winemaking.
- Full and expressive wines with exceptional length and elegance.
- ExcelsuS is the finest Super Tuscan expression and consistently shows superior quality and fruit.
Poggio all’ Oro: Intense ruby red in color, acquiring garnet reflections with age. A lush bouquet, with black fruit and spice, complemented by tobacco, violet, and chocolate notes. On the palate, the wine is full bodied with a velvety mouthfeel and well-structured with supple tannins and good acidity. It offers rich flavors of plums and cherries followed by a long finish with nuances of berries and spice.
Poggio alle Mura: Deep and intense red color; complex but immediately captivating with fresh and sweet flavors of plums, cherries, blackberry jam, and raspberries. The forward fruit is enveloped with hints of chocolate, cigar box, vanilla and licorice.
ExcelsuS: Intense ruby red with garnet tones. Rich and ample bouquet, with hints of plum and black currant. Well-structured.
Print This Page