- Castello Banfi Brunello di Montalcino is the benchmark for style and elegance of Montalcino’s emblematic varietal.
- Sangiovese fruit of three decades of research goes into “building a better Brunello”.
- Characterized by premier quality and expression of terroir.
- Hand harvesting, managing each vineyard row by row, vine by vine.
- Additional double selection at the winery of each bunch as well as individual berries.
- Patented fermenters, hybrids of stainless steel cap/base (for easy clean out, pumping over, temperature control) with body of French oak staves (allowing the wine to breath and develop complexity).
- Castello Banfi Brunello is the World’s best-selling and most recognized brand.
- Horizon micro-winery provides increased attention to detail in both the vineyard and winery and results in an artisanal approach to winemaking.
- Full and expressive wines with exceptional length and elegance.
- The innovative noble wines of SummuS and Cum Laude benefit from the great care executed in the estate’s single vineyards, delivering wines that express distinct terroir.
Brunello di Montalcino: Intense ruby red in color with garnet reflections. Aromas of violets and vanilla, with hints of licorice. Velvety palate, with tart-cherry flavors and traces of spice. Well-structured with supple tannins, superb concentration, and good acidity. Persistent finish.
SummuS: Deep ruby red, with violet reflections. Enticing floral notes, followed by black fruit and spice. Well-structured, with black cherry, cassis, and vanilla notes.
Cum Laude: Ruby red, intense, and very deep. Complex, with notes of blackberries, plum jam, cherries, with aromas of licorice, black olives, and pipe tobacco. Full bodied, dense tannins, round, and soft. Can benefit from moderate aging, but already very enjoyable upon release.
Print This Page